Please read the Applicaa policies and terms and condictions carefully.
- Who collects your personal information
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
We endeavour to ensure that all information from which you can be identified (“Personal Information”) provided to, or otherwise obtained by, us is handled in accordance with the UK Data Protection Act 2018 and from 25 May 2018 the EU General Data Protection Regulation (which will replace the Data Protection Act 1998) and all similar or related legislation (the “Data Protection Legislation” or “DPA”). You can be assured that your Personal Information will only be used by Applicaa in accordance with this Policy.
By visiting and/or contacting us through the Website (or otherwise engaging with us), you acknowledge that we may collect, use, process and transfer your Personal Information as set out in this Policy. Applicaa reserves the right to change this Policy from time to time and you should therefore check this page frequently to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
In this Policy, “Applicaa “, “we”, “us” and “our”, refer to Applicaa Limited, registered in [England & Wales] with registered office 23 Abdale Road, London, W127ER. Our company registration number is 08620380.
Provider may refer to either your current or prospective school, college or training provider, or the university, college, conservatoire or training provider you have applied to.
If you have any questions about this policy or our uses of personal data, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Legislation, we are deemed to be the “data controller” in respect of any Personal Information that you provide to us or we otherwise obtain about you. Applicaa is registered with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office with registration numberZA146992. Its registered office is 23 Abdale Road, London, W12 7ER. The Data Protection Officer is Guthrie Denniston who can be contacted at email@example.com
With regards to Admissions+, Applicaa is the data processor and merely processes your personal information in accordance with the instructions given to us by (you or your school) the Data Controller. For further details please read the section ‘If you are a student and apply for a school through Admissions+’
If you have any questions (including relating to transfers of your Personal Information outside the EEA), please feel free to contact us by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you may call our team on 0208 762 0882, Monday to Friday: 9am to 5pm.
- What personal Information we collect
a) Applicaa client & prospect data: we collect personal information about you (such as your name, address, email address, school or telephone number) when you give this to us as part of becoming a customer, registering for a Admissions + login, signing up to our newsletters, completing a website form, or making- a sales or support enquiry.
When you subscribe to any of our marketing or communications, you indicate that you have a preference to receive these communications. We store your preferences on our CRM and give you the option to amend these at any time.
b) Admissions+ (customer system): includes staff, parents, and pupils.
Each school’s data is separate.
Schools collect admissions data. The data schools collect is dependent on the questions schools create in the Admissions+ system and the answers the parents/applicants provide.
For example,: full names, gender, date of birth, telephone numbers, address, ethnicity, religion, home language, first language, residency, nationality, welfare and medical conditions, consent to school policies. Contacts (parent/career/guardians) of prospective students: title, relationship to student, full names, telephone numbers, address, parental responsibility.
School staff: full name, school email address, gender and role. And other information to help in the admissions process.
- How Schools use your personal information
- Schools use data to meet a business need. Our Admisssions+ is a tool to help Schools to convert more pupils from enquiries to enrolled, and it helps them save time processing applications. This enables them to provide a better service to their students and parents.
- Safeguarding: It is important for the school to collect the data from the students, previous schools and parents. This data helps schools to know and understand the needs of their ‘incoming’ students. It helps them to better prepare and plan relevant provision for the pupils. For example, questions collected concerning student welfare e.g. Medical Conditions and Learning Difficulties enable schools to install the relevant provision such as additional one-one learning support.
- How we use your personal information
We may use your personal information following a:
- Customer visit – whereby we may contact you regards to items discussed or similar products and solutions you have expressed an interest in.
- Event attendance or registration (including webinars) in order to contact you about the event itself and/or possibly future events and/or to obtain feedback. When registering for an event we may ask you for special category data, such as dietary requirements, in order to meet your needs at the event(s).
- General enquiry or feedback where you may have contacted us via telephone, email or other channels requesting information about products and services and we may use the data captured to help improve services or assist in finding a resolution to your enquiry.
- Marketing subscription where you would have signed up via a web form or other data capture point. This information will be processed in accordance to that stated at the point of capture. You can unsubscribe any time or customise your preferences.
- Admissions + registration where we may use your data to send important updates, event information, direct marketing and other useful information that will help you get the most out of the products and services available to you.
- Product Purchase where we may have obtained your data following the signing of a contract. We may use this data to contact you about product updates, financial queries, renewals and other useful information that will help you get the most out of our products and services.
- Sales Enquiry where you may have contacted us via telephone, email or other channels requesting information about products and services we have to offer or we have contacted you and you have expressed an interest. You can unsubscribe any time or customise your preferences.
- Support Enquiry where you may have contacted us or a commercial partner via telephone, email or other channels to log a support enquiry about an issue or for general assistance. We may use the data captured to help to resolve your enquiry and may contact you after for feedback to help improve the service offered.
- Training course attendance where we may have obtained your details following the attendance of a training course and webinars. We may use your data for the purpose of obtaining feedback to help improve the service offering.
- Your website – Occasionally we may need to obtain your details from your company website or from a publicly available website, such as Edubase. We will only process data if a suitable legal basis has been established and will only keep the data for a short period of time unless you have consented via any of the examples mentioned above.
Referral systems: where your name has been shared by an Admissions+ clients who believes you would potentially interested in purchasing Admissions+. You can unsubscribe any time.
- Where your data is stored
Applicaa clients and prospect data is stored on Hubspot. Hubspot’s product infrastructure is hosted on Amazon Web Services (AWS) in the United States East region (learn more here)
The Admissions+ data is stored on Amazon Servers that are located in London. (EU-West Region). Data will always be stored in EU Data sites. (learn more here)
- How long we keep your personal information
Applicaa client and prospect personal information data will only be held on our systems for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this privacy notice or until your request that it be deleted. Schools and users (pupils and parents) have the right to request their data to be deleted at any point on a case by case basis.
8. Who we share your personal information with
Applicaa’s partner schools will have access to the information you provide through Admissions+ to carry out their jobs in order to provide services to you.
Staff within Applicaa ltd will have access to your personal information to this to carry out their job in order to provide services to you. Some staff within our businesses operate outside of the EEA, for example our staff in Philippines and Vietnam. However all staff are subject to the laws and regulations of England and Wales.
Applicaa’s commercial partners (for example Capita) may also require access to some personal data to carry out their job in order to provide services to you.
We use third-party sub-processors, such as cloud computing providers and customer support software. We establish GDPR-compliant data processing agreements with each sub-processor, extending GDPR safeguards everywhere personal data is processed. The following is a list of personal data sub-processors we use and links to their GDPR policies.
Amazon Web Services Cloud services provider
SendGrid SMTP provider for emails
9. How you can amend your preferences
If you don’t want to be on our marketing lists, you can unsubscribe by:
- opening the last email received from us and clicking on the unsubscribe or change my preference link usually found at the bottom of the email.
- contact us by email at: email@example.com.
- Alternatively, you may call our team on 0208 762 0882, Monday to Friday: 9am to 5pm.
- Your rights
Under data protection legislation you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. In relation to certain rights, we may ask you for information to confirm your identity and, where applicable, to help us to search for your personal information. Except in rare cases, we will respond to you within 30 days after we have received this information or, where no such information is required, after we have received your request. This section explains what they are and how you can use them, if you wish.
Accessing your personal information
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information that we hold about you. This is known as a Subject Access Request.
If you wish to request a copy of your personal information please address requests to firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you have any queries or complaints in relation to how we use your Personal Information, please contact us at email@example.com using the details set out above. Should you wish to take any complaints or queries further, you have the right to contact the Information Commissioner’s Office regarding such issues.
Our Websites may, from time to time, contain links to and from third party websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these websites or their related policies. Please check these policies before you submit any Personal Information via these websites.